As we get further into 2022, naturally exciitement builds for the upcoming FGC tournament season.
However, we still do recognize that not only the US but many parts of the world are still struggling with containing COVID.
So for Texas Showdown 2022 (April 22-24, 2022), we will be requiring that all attendees provide proof of vaccination OR
a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within the previous 72 hours of the start of Texas Showdown.
Accepted options to enter Texas Showdown 2022:
- Physical vaccination card
- Digital vaccination card, must have QR code
- Valid record from an mobile app that provides vaccine information (Walgreens, CVS, Kroger, etc.)
- Paper copy of a negative PCR test with 72 hours of checking in
- Digital result of a negative PCR test, sent to your email address, within 72 hours of checking in
For vaccinations, the original shot(s) are required (Moderna, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson in the US, International may vary), booster shots are optional. SCREENSHOTS or PHOTOS are not acceptable.
Valid ID along with your smash.gg info will be used to match your qualifying info to your registration.
As with any indoor space, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 where people are present. By attending Texas Showdown
you voluntarily assume every risk that is related to exposure to COVID-19.
- As badges are required for entry for Texas Showdown 2022, you will not get your badge if you cannot provide proof of either request that we have made.
- An event bracelet will be given to you after verification. You MUST wear the bracelet at all times during Texas Showdown 2022 while in the venue.
- Face masks will be required in all Texas Showdown event spaces.
- Face masks must cover the nose and mouth at all times, unless actively eating or drinking.
- We will check for Badges at every entrance to all Texas Showdown event spaces.
- We will provide sanitzation stations throughout the venue, as provided by Texas Showdown or the Hilton Post Oak.
- There will be hotel security staff and armed Houston Police Department (HPD) Officers on site to help enforce the mask rule
Any statement on this page will be subject to change and/or modifcation at any time. We know that the situation is constantly changing, so please keep an eye
for updates on this page.